Benton Golf and Country Club
Established in 1950, the Benton Golf and Country Club started when one hundred (100) businessmen purchased the land which is now accommodates the front nine. As flagship investors, those people were offered memberships to the club. In 1990, the club leased land from Dr. Jerry Sells and Mr. Bill Morgan to build the back nine, making an 18-hole course.
The Club still carries five inactive memberships that have never been activated from the original one hundred members. There are now one hundred seventy active certified memberships, with over one hundred additional playing memberships. Playing memberships have the same benefits as certificate holders, except for ownership and voting rights.